Disorderly Conduct Charges in Florida

There's lots to do in West Palm Beach, especially at night. For locals and tourists looking to have some fun, there are nightclubs, lounges, bars, and much more to choose from. That's because West Palm Beach is known for being the epicenter for nightlife in Palm Beach County.

But, what if you're having a little too much fun and things get out of hand? Or, what if you get into a fight with your partner, spouse, or even a perfect stranger during one your nights out on the town?

While people are encouraged to enjoy themselves, sometimes if they get too rowdy, or if others consider them to be "disruptive," they can be arrested on the spot and slapped with a charge for disorderly conduct.

Disorderly Conduct Under Florida Law

If you were arrested after getting into a bar fight, or after being overly noisy, you may be facing disorderly conduct charges, which are covered under Section 877.03 of the Florida Statutes.

A person commits this offense when their actions:

  • Corrupt the public morals
  • Outrage the public's sense of decency
  • Affect the peace and quiet of witnesses
  • Engage in a brawl or fight

A violation under Section 877.03 is a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by a fine not to exceed $500 and by up to 60 days in jail.

While this is technically a "minor" offense, there's nothing minor about going to jail or gaining a criminal record. If you have a job or a family, how would they be affected if you are found guilty of disorderly conduct? Often, even a short stint in jail can cost someone their job or for divorced parents it can affect child custody.

As a former prosecutor with over 25 years of experience, I strongly suggest that you fight your charges. Contact my West Palm Beach criminal defense firm to schedule your free case evaluation!


Request A Free Initial Consultation

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side